mystpoker.com: Back in Action

mystpoker.com



Friday, March 23, 2007

Back in Action

I arrived back in Ottawa a few days ago, after visiting some family in Cleveland. I took a 2 week break from playing any poker, after being very active for the past couple of months. I started playing again 2 nights ago over at the Eurolinx $50/$100 NL tables and I’ve been doing really well. I've made around $75,000 in the last 48 hours and feel really good about my play. What I'm even more proud of is that I have kept myself away from playing the $100/$200 NL and $200/$400 NL tables since I said I would.

As I mentioned in a recent interview, I would like to have at least $2 million online before I can comfortably play $200/$400 NL. Right now, if I lose $40,000 in a single hand, it still affects me, and would have a negative impact on my ability to play my "A" game for the rest of the session. On the other hand, at $50/$100 NL, if I lose $10,000 in a hand, I don't even flinch and just reload. That's how I know I am at a comfortable level.

Tomorrow, I carry my momentum with me to Malta, and then to Monte Carlo a few days later for the European Poker Tour €10,000 Grand Championship! There are already over 500 players registered for the event, so it looks like 1st place will be paying over $2 million! Monaco is one of the most beautiful countries I have ever been to, and I have heard many great things about Malta, I’m very anxious to see it.

In other news, I have been recently featured in a couple of interviews and articles. I was interviewed by HighStakesDB and they have posted it online. Also, I was mentioned in an article in this month’s issue of Canadian Poker Player Magazine. Here are the links:

HighStakes Interview
Canadian Poker Player Article

Also, I will now be writing a monthly article for Canadian Poker Player Magazine! This is very exciting for me, hopefully my articles will eventually be syndicated to other poker magazines and websites. My first article is titled “Staying A Step Ahead” and will be printed in the April Issue. You can pick it up at your local Chapters if you don’t have a subscription.

Well, it’s getting late and I guess I should start packing my bags since my flight leaves in just over 12 hours. I’ll try to post an update from Malta if I have a good Internet connection down there. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Myst, Best of luck in Monte Carlo!!! not like you need it. Your my favourite player, me and my friends will be cheering for you!

     
  • At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Marc, congratulations on all of your successes so far, you deserve it. Millionaire at 26, you baller! Keep up the great attitude and don't ever change.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home