mystpoker.com: Crazy Swings!

mystpoker.com



Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Crazy Swings!

Well, ever since coming back from Australia, I have been taking it easy and playing online. For those of you that have been using Eurolinx for a while, you'll notice that we are on a new, better network now called Prima. There is much more action and the games are much juicier!

I've been playing mostly $50/$100 NL, $100/$200 NL, and $200/$400 NL. This is the highest I've ever played, and I must say, the swings are insane! I started off pretty smoothly, with a very steady daily profit of around $20k or more. The past few days have not been so consistent though. On Saturday, I lost $90k. On Sunday, I was up $260k but ended up losing most of it back and finished the day +$60k. Today was my worst day, losing $150k to Tunaeatr.

At one point, I was up almost $450k! After today, I am down to +$170k for the year in cash games. Most people would look at that and say "That's amazing!", but I'm really disappointed with my play the last couple of days. I should have won more but I made a few bad moves and paid for it.

Some people have said "Tunaeatr" is the famous Johnny Lodden, but I don't think so. I was totally controlling the action on the table, and Tunaeatr was playing very passive/calling station. Never raised me, never bluffed me. The perfect opponent to play heads-up against. And I guess I was steaming, because I still called his river bets even though I knew he had it.

Playing for this kind of money is so hard on the nerves. Even though I have beat the game, I feel like my edge is too small, and I just don't need the stress of these swings in my life. It was very fun playing these high stakes games and I have learned a lot and improved my heads-up game. I think I'm going to reduce my high stakes play to taking "shots" at the game once in a while when I feel it is very weak or if I am running extremely well that day. I'll probably be sticking to $10/$20 NL, $25/$50 NL, and maybe $50/$100 NL.

In other news, I think I might go down to Los Angeles at the end of this month for the L.A. Poker Classic. I'm still undecided about L.A., but I am definitely going to play the EPT Championship in Monte Carlo at the end of March and I will be attempting to make the final table in back-to-back years! That would be something...

4 Comments:

  • At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    FYI

    After the HU battle between u and Tunaeatr the rail asked for a while who he was untill he replied that he infact was Johnny.

    Also on his blogg www.johnnylodden.com
    he says that he spent $50k playing HU at Prima in like 15min, and after checking www.highstakespokerdb.com hands for that day the only player he could be was Tunaeatr, playing against u..

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Myst amazing job today! You just made my yearly salary x 2 in a few hours! hahaha

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Duff said…

    Hey Marc,

    Just wondering if you are ever going to play in one of those high stakes games that we see on TV the Average buy in is around 30 Grand, you play around the same stakes online, or much higher,. I guess you probably have to get invited to play in those be nice to see you on there. Keep it up Starting playing on Eurolinx again, Its even better than i remember . But did they get rid of the buddy list ?

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger Duff said…

    Hey Marc,

    Just wondering if you are ever going to play in one of those high stakes games that we see on TV the Average buy in is around 30 Grand, you play around the same stakes online, or much higher,. I guess you probably have to get invited to play in those be nice to see you on there. Keep it up , SAtrted Playing eurolinx again .. although depositing from USA is a pain, cant wait to be back in Ottawa. Like the new network .. but did they get rid if the buddy list ?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home