mystpoker.com: Cover of Canadian Poker Player Magazine

mystpoker.com



Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Cover of Canadian Poker Player Magazine



I did an interview with my good friend Bill Sparks back in December for Canadian Poker Player magazine. It was supposed to be a 2 page spread, but Bill managed to convince the editor to make it into a 4 page player profile because there was so much good content. A couple of days before we left for Australia, Bill told me that he would be taking some pictures of me, because the editor had liked the interview so much that they wanted to put me on the front cover! I didn't really want to mention it to anyone or get too excited about it, because these things are never certain until you actually see it in print.

Well, it's in print now! I have to say, this is pretty overwhelming. I secretly always knew I would make it this far, but for it to actually happen is just surreal. Everything is falling into place for me right now and I don't think I've ever been happier. Not only with poker, but with life in general.

Not to sound pessimistic, but I know my recent success can't continue as well as it has been. To make 3 main event final tables out of 4 tournaments is almost a fairy tale, and not even players like Phil Ivey or Daniel Negreanu can keep that steady pace.

For anyone who lives in the Windsor area, I will be doing a radio interview today at 5:48PM EST on AM 800 CKLW.

Once again, I'd like to thank my sponsor Eurolinx Poker for sending to me these tournaments at their expense, and a huge thank you to Bill Sparks who made all of this happen.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    marc, that is amazing man!!! i always knew you would make it this far, congratulations on your success! you deserve it.

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    front cover? damn man you are famous now! don't forget about the little guys who's money you have been taking for the past few years! hehehe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home