mystpoker.com: Wow

mystpoker.com



Monday, May 08, 2006

Wow

The fight was unbelievable.

Before the fight at the weigh-in, De La Hoya went to shake Mayorga's hand, and Mayorga stepped back, grabbed his nuts, and shook them in front of De La Hoya in disrespect. Then right before the fight, Mayorga was staring at De La Hoya trying to act tough and intimidate him. De La Hoya knocked him down in the first round and at the end of the round he just stood there and stared at Mayorga the same way, it was priceless.

De La Hoya dominated the fight until the 6th round, but Mayorga was still being very cocky. Early in the 6th, De La Hoya knocked him down again and the whole crowd stood up and starting going nuts. Right after Mayorga got back up, De La Hoya must have hit him with 50 straight punches until he went down again, it was incredible.

I can't describe the atmosphere in the arena, it was by far the best sports event I have ever attended in my life.

Back to poker, I played for a few hours yesterday and it didn't go too well. I took some horrible flukes and I recovered some of it but still ended the day in the minus.

Hand #1:

$10/$20 NL. I am dealt AA on the button. 3 limpers to me, and I make it $120 to go. 2 callers. Flop 743r. First player to act bets out $400, second player folds, I make it $1200. He calls. Turn 6. There's around $2800 in the pot and he pushes all-in for his last $1000, I call. He flips over 85 offsuit and I am drawing dead.

Hand #2:

$10/$20 NL. I am dealt JJ in the cut-off. Same player from the previous hand in mid-position raises to $60, one caller, I make it $260 to go. Both players call. Flop is 963r. Same player once again bets out $400, player 2 folds, and I once again make it $1200. He calls. He now has around $2500 left and I have him covered. Turn J, I turn my set. He checks and I go into the tank trying to figure out how I am going to get the rest of his money. There are no visible draws with the way the hand played out and if he has a set then I am in great shape. There is a little over $3000 in the pot and I decided to once again bet $1200, figuring if he calls this bet there is no way he can fold on the river for his last $1300. He calls me instantly. Perfect. River is a harmless 5. He pushes in his last $1300 and I get my money into the pot faster than Takeru Kobayashi at a hot dog eating contest. He flips over 87. I wait for the dealer to push the chips toward me, uh wait a sec buddy, you're pushing the chips the wrong way. I look at the cards again, WTF? He has the nut straight. Are you kidding me? I ask him how much he likes me. He looks at me confused. I tell him I am asking because he keeps trying to give me all of his money.

Anyways, I flopped a set once and got paid off, and won a few other pots and managed to recover enough to only be down $1900 for the session. I'm still up around $1000 for the trip and hopefully tomorrow will bring me less suckouts.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home