mystpoker.com: In Vegas Once More

mystpoker.com



Saturday, May 06, 2006

In Vegas Once More

Just touched down last night around midnight, and made our way over to the Bellagio in style in a stretch Escalade limo.

We got settled in our room and then made our way down to the Poker room. I met up with my good friend Costa who is also from Ottawa. Costa and my cousin Steve ended up playing $2/$5 NL with a $200 max buy-in, and they both killed the game. Steve made over $700 and Costa had a massive stack of over $1700 by the time we ended up leaving.

I bought in for $8000 at the $10/$20 NL table. First hand I sit down, I post the BB in the cut-off, its folded around to me, and I look down to see J9 suited. I make it $60 to go, button calls, BB calls.

Flop comes T99, no flush draw. BB checks, I bet $140, button makes it $600. BB folds, and I notice that the button only has around $500 left, so I announce 'raise' and throw in my $5000 stack of $100 bills. He folds instantly. I figured he would have called having already comitted more than half of his stack, but I was content with winning over $700 on the very first hand.

There was one crazy player at our table right across from me. He must have been all in 7 or 8 times out of the 50 hands I sat through. He would always check-min-raise on the turn, and then push the river, and nobody ever called him. He had around $2000 in front of him, and he made it $80 to go in early position. Its folded around to me and I call with T9 suited on the button.

Flop comes J93 rainbow. He checks, I feel a check-raise coming, so I check behind. Turn is another 9. He checks, I bet $140, he min-raises to $280. I flat call. River is a T. He pushes for around $1600. I call. He must have had absolutely nothing because he just threw his cards into the muck. I would have definately called him even without the T on the river.

I finished the session up $2860. End of Day 1.

Tomorrow is the fight between De La Hoya-Mayorga at the MGM. I'm not sure if we'll have any time to play any poker but if we do I'll be sure to post some updates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home