mystpoker.com: WSOP 2007 - Update #1

mystpoker.com



Thursday, June 28, 2007

WSOP 2007 - Update #1

The first half of the WSOP has been pretty quiet for me. I've played 4 events so far, and cashed in one of them. I started off with Event 26 - $5000 H.O.R.S.E. I made it pretty deep into Day 2, but I couldn't get anything going when it counted and I busted out before the money.

I missed the money in my next event, and then I played Event 31 - $5000 World Championship Heads-Up No-Limit Hold'em. I beat a relatively unknown player in the first round, and then I faced Ted Forrest in the second round. I think he was getting really bad cards because he folded to almost all of my post-flop bets, and before I knew it, I had a $34k to $6k lead. I got the rest of his chips in with AK vs TT, and I flopped an Ace to end the match. In the third round, I faced 2006 WSOP bracelet winner Eric Kesselman. He was overly aggressive and he paid for it, eventually getting his money in on the flop with 3 outs, and he missed. I was now in the money, and I faced long time pro Ron Faltinsky. I did not catch any cards early on, and I eventually got all in with A3 vs KJ. He flopped a J, and rivered another J to seal the deal and knock me out in 33rd place out of 392 players for a payday of $9,212.

The next event I played was Event 36 - $5000 World Championship Omaha High-Low 8/OB. Again I went deep into Day 2, but a cold deck prevented me from getting any further. I'm fairly inexperienced at Omaha High-Low, which also probably led to my demise. Ever since that tournament, I have been fascinated by the game and have started to play it more often. I have been doing really well in the Pokerstars $75/$150 Limit games.

The next day, my fiancee and her friend arrived in Vegas, and my parents and sister arrive today. I haven't and won't be playing any poker while they are here, which amounts to a 10 day break, one that is well needed. I don't know how the pro's play every event, but I was started to feel the burn out after playing 4 in a row. I have to give them a lot of respect for being able to do that, I hope it's something that will develop over time.

My next event will be the Event 50 - $10,000 World Championship Pot-Limit Omaha on July 1st. Of course I will also be playing the $10,000 Main Event on July 6th. If I don't fare well in the PL Omaha event, I might also play Event 52 - $1000 No-Limit Hold'em + Rebuys on July 2nd. That should be a really fun tourney!

So far, the WSOP has not been as successful for me as I would have liked, but there is still much more poker to play. I'll try not to wait 2 weeks before posting the next update. :P

1 Comments:

  • At 2:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    gl! ul with the set over set

     

Post a Comment

<< Home