mystpoker.com: The Craziest Opponent Ever

mystpoker.com



Saturday, June 09, 2007

The Craziest Opponent Ever

I've played a lot of aggressive players in my time, but the opponent I played against today was just in a league of his own. I'm sure this happens regularly at the lower levels, but when you're talking about $100,000, I've never seen anything like it.

I really can't believe that I won this session. The swings were crazy, I would go from $100k, down to $30k, back up to $100k, and back down. He would out-flop me every single time. I know I probably shouldn't be whining since I won anyways, but I don't think I've ever run so bad in a single session. I must have had at least 30 pocket pairs, not one set. The guy was literally re-raising me EVERY single time I raised on the button, lol, it was insane.

There is just too many big hands to post, I will try to get the biggest ones in.

He starts off early on by cracking my Aces. He calls $8200 pre-flop OOP with T8s. Yes, that's 41 BB's, and we weren't even deep. Notice on the river, he doesn't go all-in, he leaves himself with a little under $3000.
Hand #1

I got lucky in this hand. Like I said, he was re-raising every single time, so I figured he had a random hand and would have to fold here. I wanted to show the 24 offsuit; a) to slow him down b) because I will have a real hand next time. He INSTA-calls me with AJ offsuit.
Hand #2

This one was a tough hand. I turn the nut straight with a J high flush draw on a 3 club board. I think I lost minimum.
Hand #3

I made a pretty big call here. If he bets the flop, I'm gone. On the turn, I'm pretty sure I'm good, and I just call. Notice, on the river he pushes all in, and doesn't leave himself with any chips. I go with my gut and make the call.
Hand #4

He regains the chip lead here. The river pretty much hooked me. I thought about folding, I don't know if I like my call here. Jack Seven is not supposed to lose!
Hand #5

This one is pretty simple. I turn the one card nut flush, and he somehow pays me off with the King high flush, even though the board pairs on the river.
Hand #6

Now he starts really going crazy. He calls $24k pre-flop with KQ against my AK and he wins.
Hand #7

This time he puts in $35k pre-flop with AJ. Again, he insta-called it. And of course he wins once again.
Hand #8

This was dirty.
Hand #9

Probably my sickest call ever. I almost timed out before I made the call. I just feel he would have raised 2 pair or better on the turn with 2 flush draws and 2 one card gutshots out there. At the same time, I was scared he might be bluffing with something like 66, that would have been sick. It's a "hate it or love it" hand.
Hand #10

This was your classic race. After seeing the turn, I thought "Finally, got him!". Uh, yeah, not quite.
Hand #11

This was the final hand. I flop 2 pair and it holds up. I was a little bit scared of AQ, but there's no way I can fold here. It was also the largest pot of the marathon session, at $128,360.
Hand #12

Sorry for posting so many hands, I tried to keep it short but I just couldn't leave most of these out. After the match, he said he wanted to play again on Sunday. I will do my best to play. Finished the day up ~$90k.

11 Comments:

  • At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are one sick man!:D Can you learn me how too play like you?

    Magnus - Norway

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just keep up posting many hands, no problem! :)

    What's your thoughts on giving away your tells from him? (like all-in = bluff and leave little behind = value bet)

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger Pinky said…

    Sick sick sick.
    Maybe one day I'll be able to call with that 45d for stakes 1/100th of this size!

    And dont appologies for all the hands. Love it!

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry cause it got to long...??

    Man - this is the best blog ever, at least for me it is, because I watched the play, and now have your thoughts on some very crucial and special pots!

    Loved that 3d4d...and was hoping for a call from you, cause I also put him on absolutly nada (and wanted to se his hand).

    More of this!

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger Karl Sinclair said…

    So many sick sick hands... its a miracle you ended up winning after some of those beats!!!

    He does seem to play really bad, so hopefully if you run really well next time you might end the session up a huge amount!

     
  • At 2:16 AM, Blogger myst said…

    Yeah, I'm not sure about posting his tells. I don't want him to come across my blog and read it. I'm considering editing those parts out.

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I watched pretty much the entire session. You outplayed him, and its good to see that you ended up with his chips. He did get hella lucky so many times. Keep up the domination on stars! =P

    -Brian

     
  • At 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    do you know anything about the guy?i wonder how these maniacs have the bankroll to play like that!You really would have cleaned him out if not for the outdraws

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hello

    nice blogg, I am a friend of the The Craziest Opponent Ever ;)

    "He does seem to play really bad"

    mabye he played bad this day, but he is a very good player!!

    he has won the sunday 215 1\2 times, and the 600$ turny at party once(200k$) and the 215 at party when party was a big site.

    next time he takes u down! ;)

     
  • At 12:33 AM, Blogger myst said…

    Hi, thanks for the comment. I believe that he is better than that, maybe he was just having a bad day.

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I saw the session and it was a good match Dracospiner almost had you.
    I like agressive players ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home