mystpoker.com: Bluff Magazine

mystpoker.com



Monday, June 04, 2007

Bluff Magazine



The June issue of Bluff Magazine is a 2007 WSOP Preview Issue. On page 80 of the magazine, they have a section titled "Players 2 Watch". In it, they list 8 young players who they think will make a big bang this year at the WSOP. The first player on that list... me! :) They basically list my accomplishments for the year, and describe my "maniac-aggressive" style and how it has been working for me on the tournament circuit. You can pick it up at your local Chapters, drugstore, or any other place that has a decent variety of magazines on the shelf.

In other news, I've been doing extremely well in cash games to start off the month. In the past, I've used this blog primarily for my live events, and haven't posted much about my online games. Well, due to popular demand, I'm going to start blogging more about my online play. I'm going to try to post at least once, if not twice a week, complete with hand replays, and commentary.

Today, I had a nice +$72k session against flyingjet2 at $200/$400 NL on Eurolinx. I have played against him before, and I feel he bluffs way too often. I didn't really get dealt any big hands during the session, but I just picked him off time after time when he tried to make moves.

The first hand was pretty standard. I played it a little conservatively, checking behind on the turn, and then making a little value bet on the river. Nothing too fancy.
Hand #1

This one was a little tricky. As soon as he min-re-raised me pre-flop, I was 99% sure it was a misclick. His re-raises are always to $4400. I actually liked the river, because I'm pretty sure he doesn't have an Ace, and it gives him an opportunity to bluff off some more chips.
Hand #2

It didn't make sense for him to have a King in this hand, and I decide to look him up on the river.
Hand #3

He either has a 6 or air here, I call him down again. You'd think the guy would start to realize that I'm calling him down pretty thin?
Hand #4

At this point I can see he is starting to tilt pretty badly, and I just let him bluff the rest of his chips off.
Hand #5

Normally, I would also post my losing hands, but HighstakesDB only records hands that are $10k and over, and he didn't win any pots of that size during this session. Unfortunately, I had to leave shortly after this hand, because I had to get ready for the Sens game! We had great seats (thanks to RikyRicardo) and the atmosphere at ScotiaBank Place was unbelievable! It's too bad they lost, but I still believe they can win it. Go Sens Go!

3 Comments:

  • At 4:51 AM, Blogger Allin_maniac said…

    You make it look so easy:-)

    Gl in Vegas!!

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger MachoD said…

    Hi Marc!
    Very nice that you post hands that u have played and explain how u think. Just have a question to hand 3. U say it didnt make sense that he had a king there. Why not? what did u put him on?

    thx MachoD

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger MachoD said…

    Hi Marc!
    Very nice that you post hands that u have played and explain how u think. Just have a question to hand 3. U say it didnt make sense that he had a king there. Why not?

    Thx MachoD

     

Post a Comment

<< Home