mystpoker.com: In Vancouver for WPT Canada

mystpoker.com



Friday, May 09, 2008

In Vancouver for WPT Canada

My buddy and I decided to come out to Vancouver at the last minute for the new WPT Canada. We were just sitting around talking some poker, and then one of us mentioned the tournament. I checked online, found a flight which left in 5 hours, and we just packed up and left. The buy-in is $3000, and the structure is pretty sound, with a $15,000 starting stack and 60 minute blinds. They are expecting a prize pool of around $1.5 million which is pretty big for a lower buy-in event.

If things don't go well in the tournament, the cash games look very good. They are running up to $25/$50 NL and $10/$25 PL Omaha both with a max $10,000 buy-in. The only problem is they have this weird rule in B.C. where you can only bet a max of $2500 in a hand. So I don't really understand why there is a cap on the buy-in when you can only lose so much.

I'll keep this update short as the tournament starts in less than an hour. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck Marc!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home